On 6/29/07, kalin mintchev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> cd /usr/ports/multimedia/win32-codecs && make install

yea...  i did that...  it broke somewhere..  or yea..  right here:
=> Couldn't fetch it - please try to retrieve this
=> port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles/win32 and try again.

look in uh, /usr/share/examples/cvsup, and there's a file called
ports-supfile.  copy that file somewhere in your [root] home
directory.  next,
`pkg_add -r cvsup-without-gui` (or build it, net/cvsup-without-gui)
then, go into that ports-supfile you copied to your home directory and
look for a like CHANGE_THIS.freebsd.org, and pick a cvsup server (I
use cvsup8.us.freebsd.org).

Once, you got all of that done, run
`cvsup -L 2 /root/ports-supfile` (assuming that's where you put it).

What this will do is update your ports collection to what's "current".
The problem with win32-codecs is it seems like whenever they make a
new version of them, they delete the old version of their server.
Hence, you have to stay current. :)  I build everything I use from
scratch, I cvsup and portupgrade -a once a week or so.

i just don't have the patience for this ports thing anymore....
just made that directory and stuck the codecs there and stuff appears to
be working now.... but thanks....

I have a feeling somebody on the list is going to object to my method,
but it seems to work for me.  Hope this helps!

--
Jim Capozzoli
D6499626857801B6065013E3645A6B75