From http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2007/6/emw531216.htm, quoted in the
News sections of freebsd.org:

"Developers on the FreeBSD project worked with researchers from NTT to integrate
their code, under a BSD license, into the CURRENT branch of FreeBSD, which will become
the 7.0 release in the near future."

Nothing's hinted, but yes 7.0 is in a code freeze for the most part (very minor
touch-ups are going into CURRENT from what I can see in the Perforce commits),
so here goes to 7 RELEASE in the next couple months :)..

-Garrett