Well I think I fixed it...However it seems to be a weird fix.  Here is what
I did.

After startup, the system couldn't find any routing information.  I would
disable the firewall, natd anything but it wouldn't load up any routes.  so
i decided to kill dhclient, and by chance i ran /etc/netstart and dhclient
restarted with DHCP parameters for my card.  Works perfect...only thing is,
if i ever reboot the machine i hvae to kill dhclient everytime to get a
connection...

anyone know why? anything I can do to stop this?

Thanks Bill for your help,

Curt Micol