thanks. I rebuild this morning with this and still no change. I can't even find any info on these flags...

Pieter de Goeje wrote:
On Friday 29 June 2007, Kevin Kramer wrote:
yes. that is where I have started, but I cannot get buildkernel to build
with those commented out. the UPDATING file also lists heavy debugging
turned on in userland, which I can't track down to any config files.
Add CFLAGS+= -DMALLOC_PRODUCTION to make.conf and rebuild world (or just libc). It boosted performance for my app (with a lot of embedded lua) by 20%.

HTH,
Pieter de Goeje