Hello

I had the same problem a week ago...
sometimes the OO opens, but when I try to choose any menu
option it quits...

Installing only xorg 7.2 and openoffice it works...

when I removed the glib or gtk  it works...
I have some problems with the glitz library too...

I am using FreeBSD 6.2 stable (32bits i386), running
on an AMD 3800 X2 with 2Gb of memory 40 diskless stations

track down the problem I found in gtk2... I upgraded to gtk-2.10.13
and the problem was gone

Now I have OO working on gnome 2.18.2 without problems at all
really fast...

The only issue is that I still cannot make the OO play audio still.

Lenzi