On 04/07/07, Robert Huff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Pablo Mora writes:

>  > Can one run
>  >
>  > 'make clean'
>  >
>  > in the /usr/ports directory in the hope of reducing disk space?
>
>  portsclean -CDD

        "portsclean" is part of the "portupgrade" port, not the base
system.  Not everyone has it installed, or wants to.
        To the original poster: yes, you can.  Mind you, I'm not sure
it's the most efficient way - since I have "portupgrade" installed,
I prefer portsclean.

Indeed.  If you set WRKDIRPREFIX you can merely
rm -r $WRKDIRPREFIX/ports.  The distfiles can be
a bit more difficult to deal with in a sane manner
without some sort of add-on tool.