Yordan Yordanov wrote:

Hello
I want to install the last stable release of FreeBSD Unix on my desktop machine
with AMD64 processor. Are there any differences in the FreeBSD ports for these
two platform: FreeBSD/i386 and amd64? In the FreeBSD handbook I saw a
workaround which should be applied to set up FreeBSD for  some chipsets. If I
have such a problem can I try to install i386 version
on my machine. There is no reason not to work, but I want to be sure that this
is possible.

Greetings from Bulgaria

Yordan

Yordan,

This FreeBSD box I am using to email you is a dual AMD 64 running on i386 7.0
CURRENT.
It runs just fine....fast. The AMD64 version of the os gave me many errors and wouldn't run the video card so I switched to the i386. top -S shows it is running
efficiently.

Aloha....

 + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org + [EMAIL PROTECTED] +
 + http://internetohana.org   - Supporting - FreeBSD 6.* - 7.* +