Most FreeBSD kernels let you set a flag(?) to decide whether "chflags
noschg" will work in multi-user mode.

How do I do this w/ Mac OS X? Here's what happens when I do "chflags
noschg" in multi-user mode:

# chflags noschg test.txt
chflags: test.txt: Operation not permitted

The opposite, "chflags schg", works fine. I realize this is a security
feature (you can protect files in multi-user mode, but not vica
versa), but it's annoying.

I also realize I can boot into single-user mode
(http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106388) where "chflags
noschg" works just fine, but I'd like to use noschg more as advisory
protection from myself, not something that requires single-user mode
to undo.