On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 08:14:44PM -0700, Garrett Cooper wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >>Except that bash requires all the icky GNU utilities to build so you
> >>have to GNUify your system.
> >
> >And perl doesn't?  It was GPL last I knew.
>
> The entirety of Perl falls under the GPL and Artistic license at this
> time. Read the perl-porters archives for more debate on Perl licensing.

More to the point, Perl is dual-licensed -- redistributable under the
terms of either the GPL or the Artistic License, at your discretion.  As
such, I tend to think of my Perl installs as being Artistic License, not
GPL.

MacUser, Nov. 1990: "There comes a time in the history of any project when
it becomes necessary to shoot the engineers and begin production."