Jean-Paul Natola wrote:
> Hi all,
Hello,

> After failing to upgrade to 6.2 , I'm taking a members advice and going to
> buildworld-
>
> I have two questions-
>
> How long will it take-
Hard to guess.. I have a PIII w/ 128M of ram and it takes around an hour
or so...

> And do I need to stop the other programs from running -
No.
You just have to reboot for the "installworld" step.
Consult /usr/src/UPDATING (around line 390) for the right procedure.

> The reason I ask is because I use the bsd box as a mail filter
>
> Running Exim SA and ClamAv so I need to know how long it would take if I have
> to take it off line-

As said, just the time it takes to installworld, which is much less than
it takes to buildworld, let's say a dozen of minutes...

--
Pietro Cerutti

PGP Public Key:
http://gahr.ch/pgp