Ray wrote:
Hello all,
I have a production server with two network interfaces. The primary interface is up and running. (DHCP from the local Telco) The second interface is installed, but not yet active. It will run on a local network only. Can I do something as simple as ifconfig nfe1 192.168.0.100 to give myself access to the internal network? As this is a production server, I don't want to just play with it too much. Thanks,
Ray

You'd have to
ifconfig nfe1 192.168.0.100 netmask ###.###.###.###
But don't worry - If you mistype, or make some other error (Like forgetting to specify the gateway for the connection), nothing happens. You'll just get an error printed to stdout and the netif will remain untouched.