Hello,

Not sure how it came about but I just realized that my for new FBSD
installation root user is without a password. When I log in remotely and
want to use chpass to add a password for user root I am presented with vi
editor in which I guess I could theoretically insert it. But this process
was always interactive. How should I add a password for user root (remote
login as root is disabled). Do I need to access that box physically and
type it on the console or can I set it remotely?

Thank you!

Zbigniew Szalbot