Hello,

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 10:48:52 +0200, Zbigniew Szalbot
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Not sure how it came about but I just realized that my for new FBSD
> installation root user is without a password. When I log in remotely and
> want to use chpass to add a password for user root I am presented with vi
> editor in which I guess I could theoretically insert it. But this process
> was always interactive. How should I add a password for user root (remote
> login as root is disabled). Do I need to access that box physically and
> type it on the console or can I set it remotely?

Stupid me. Instead of waiting for your advice I went ahead and entered a
password in the vi editor, then saved. Unfortunately, this password is not
accepted when I su. Is there any hope for me other than reinstallting the
whole system?

Thank you!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot