On 10/07/2007, at 7:41 PM, Nejc Škoberne wrote:

Hello,

I would like to create a custom set of packages, so that they will
be installable to my other FreeBSD boxen.

As I understand, I have to use 'make package-recursive', but I have
some problems with it:

1. Is there a way to tell 'make package-recursive' not to _install_
   package, but only build it? It is annonying and time-consuming
   to deinstall every package after it is installed.
2. To refer to the previous point: I need to deinstall the packages
   which I 'make package-recursive'-ed before, or else some other
   package which also depends on a port which is already installed
   will not include that (already installed) package. How to change
   this behaviour? I would like that the packages, which I create
   via 'make package-recursive', _always_ include _all_ other
   dependent packages.

Thanks for your help.

P.S.: Do you guys have any scripts for building a customized package
set?

You have to install a package in order to build it, since the package is built from the installed files. Some level of transformation and rearrangement occurs during the install process, so there's no easy way to package without installing.

You can look in to using tinderbox (available from ports) to build packages inside a jail.