I have an HP 1320 (only has USB and parallel support) hooked
to a FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE box using a USB cable.

I have configured /dev/ulpt0 into my /etc/printcap file.

Everything works fine and I am happy with this setup except
for one odd behaviour.  The last page of a multi-page print
job will "linger" - somewhere - while the green light on the
HP continues to blink -- as if data were being sent to it.

The lpq(1) command reports "no entries" when run, and then
about a minute or two later, this "last page" gets printed.

Is there some configuration that I am missing?  Is this an
artifact of the USB protocol?  Is this the way the HP 1320
laser printer operates?  Is this a feature (or bug) of the
USB printer driver /dev/ulpt0 that is not documented?  I've
read the man pages and searched using Google to see if this
is a known problem.  Any suggestions will be gladly accepted.
I can live with this behaviour, but it seems very odd.

Regards,

web...

--
William Bulley                     Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]