On Thursday 12 July 2007 09:53:43 Randy Pratt wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 08:46:26 -0500
>
> Jonathan Horne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > my packages dir is starting to have more than a few packages of
> > incrementing versions.  example:
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] All] $ ls kde-3*
> > kde-3.5.6_1.tbz  kde-3.5.7.tbz
> >
> > is there a simple way to clean the packages directory, and only keep the
> > latest version of each package?
>
> I use "portsclean -P" to clean out /usr/ports/packages.  Perhaps it
> is what you're looking for.
>
> Randy

well this is my build server as well as my workstation, so i have many
packages that ive built that i require for my servers, that might not be
installed on my workstation.  portsclean -P would probably purge off a lot of
things that i still need.

if anything turns up at all, it will probably have to be some sort of shell
script (of which i have almost 0 talen for).
--
Jonathan Horne
http://dfwlpiki.dfwlp.org