Norberto Meijome wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 22:35:35 -0400
pj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Apache22 from ports doesn't use SSL by default. Check your httpd.conf
file and make sure the LoadModule for "ssl_module" line is commented
out.
The latest 2.2.4 does by default. The first thing I had done was to comment out the ssl_module. But that did not change anything.

can you please show :
- the output of pkg_info | grep apache
- which file you changed
- what line/s you changed
- what did you do after you changed the config
- how are you determining that 'nothing has changed'

thx

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

Quantum Logic Chicken:
  The chicken is distributed probabalistically on all sides of the
  road until you observe it on the side of your course.

Warned.

Thank you for the response.
The problem was one of my ignorance of Webmin using its own server running in ssl mode. I had assumed it was apache. I now understand that apache2.2.4 is compiled with ssl but does not use ssl unless it is set up with certificates and, I believe, OpenSSL. That said, I did reinstall the port and now everything seems to be working fine. My only question now is: Why is httpd running with -DNOHTTPACCEPT ? How does this affect apache22's operation?
Thanks in adavance,
Phil