Hi.

I try to install FreBSD 6.2 as third OS on my laptop (after Windows XP
and Gentoo Linux).

I only have a logical partition left for it. sysinstall only shows
four slices on my hard drive, ad4s1 - ad4s4. ad4s4 is correctly
recognized as a DOS extended partition, but the logical partitions
inside it are not displayed - so I can't select the slice I have set
aside for FreeBSD.

Is this possible? I don't find that limitation in the handbook, and it
seems utterly anachronistic to me. What can I do to get around this?

Thanks,

Helge