On Jul 13, 2007, at 2:30 AM, Olivier Nicole wrote:

As an ISP, or the person in charge of a large organisation, have you
ever set-up a transparent email redirection: all outgoing email would
be proceeded to an outgoing server in order to check for virus, spam,
whatever.

I've done this non-transparently many times. At the perimeter firewalls the only traffic to port 25 which was allowed was from our official outgoing mail servers.

With the firewall, it is easy to make the use of the outgoing mail hub compulsory. Is there some reason beyond that that you want to do things transparently?

-j