Nikola Lecic wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 00:32:54 +0545
Tek Bahadur Limbu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi All,

Due to a power outage, my FreeBSD-6.1 (i386) machine got rebooted. However, upon reboot right after the initial startup menu, it simply
hangs.

I tried rebooting the machine several times but in vain.

My Bios detects my hard drive. Also since I get the initial startup menu, something must be wrong or corrupted in the Boot loader.

Can somebody point me or give me any hints about fixing this problem.
I have really some information in my hard drive which I want to keep
or restore.

Hello Tek,

The first thing I'd do is to download FreeSBIE (if you already don't
have it), boot from it and do some initial inspection of the main drive.

Then you will probably collect some more data about status of file
systems etc. that will allow people from this list to share with you
much more useful advices than it's possible at the moment.

Hi Nikola,

Thank you for your tips. I will download the FreeSBIE live CD tomorrow and follow it up with your suggestions.

One thing I find FreeBSD very fussy and sensitive in comparison to Linux OSes is that whenever there is an power outage, something wrong is bound to happen. Maybe, it was made to happen this way but living in here over the other side of the world, we do have to face power outages despite our best efforts.

Thanking you...

Nikola Lečić

--

With best regards and good wishes,