B. Cook wrote:

Hello All,

What do you do with the FreeBSD emails that each server you have sends you every day?

I'm wondering if I could be doing something useful with them as opposed to keeping them in a folder and then deleting them after time.

Mostly I send the outputs to /var/log and not email (except security) so I don't have to do anything and newsyslog handles the log rotation/deletion. But I've also come across PR http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=bin/88486 and I'm hoping I can reduce the logging to nothing at all (unless something goes wrong). Get rid of uninteresting jobs, perhaps do disk space checks with something like Nagios etc. No time of course :-)

--Alex