On Tuesday 17 July 2007, Zbigniew Szalbot said:
> Hello again,
>
> On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:46:36 +0700 (ICT), Olivier Nicole
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> wrote:
> >> Or do I need to delete the
> >> symlink first and only then try to mount the new drive as /home?
> >
> > - delete the symlink
>
> OK
>
> > - create a directory /home
>
> Do I create it on the existing drive and
>
> > - mount the new drive
>
> then mount the new drive? I just want to make sure I unders
>
> > - copy the files
> >
> > You cannot mount a disk on a symlink and you cannot mount a disk
> > until you have created the mount point.
>
> And what about samba? I just realized I will need to alter sama
> configuration becasue current /usr/home is available as a network
> share. Thank you once again!

Copy the contents of home to your new drive. Delete everything
inside /usr/home. Mount the new disk to /usr/home. Keeps your tree
the same.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - FreeBSD Developer - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/6.2R/announce.html