simon butsana wrote:
Hi Garett,
I apologize if you saw that as an offense. I never intended to hijack anyone's thread, and you will probably notice that I changed the subject (although I missed to remove the email body). Kind regards, Simon
*/Garrett Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>/* a écrit :

    simon butsana wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone know of a remote X client that can be used to
    establish a remote X session with a FreeBSD box.
    > As an example, I would greatly like to test a tool with features
    similar to Microsoft's "Remote Desktop".

    > Thanks,
    >
    > Simon
    >
    > Roger Olofsson a écrit :
    >

    > Steve Franks skrev:
    >
    >> I just had this problem this week - drives are fine until you
    access
    >> one and then disappears.
    >>
    >> Checked my bios monitor page and 12V was only 11.8V. Changing
    from a
    >> 300W to a 500W power supply magically fixed the problem...
    >>
    >> I don't claim that this is necessarily your problem, but it
    caught me
    >> off-guard and it's worth looking at.
    >>
    >> Steve
    >>
    >> On 7/16/07, Roger Olofsson wrote:
    >>
    >>> Dear mailing list,
    >>>
    >>> I have 2 IBM HDs and one WD HD (ata) in an old pc and for some
    reason
    >>> FBSD 6.2 can't find the IBMs on a warm-boot. Cold-boot is fine
    and, the
    >>> WD is fine.
    >>>
    >>> The motherboard is an old Aopen AX34 and all settings are
    default except
    >>> for ACPI that's off.
    >>>
    >>> The first thought that came to mind was that one of the IBMs
    are going
    >>> bad, but, I find it very unlikely that both HDs are doing it.
    One is a
    >>> 120 and one is an 80gigger but both 'vanish' on warm-boot.
    >>>
    >>> Some other setting in bios than ACPI?
    >>>
    >>> Grateful for any answer,
    >>>
    >>> /Roger

    Don't hijack other's threads. It's not polite.
    -Garrett

Sorry for putting it so bluntly but I was trying to get a message across.

   Hijacking others threads unfortunately results in 2 things happening:

1. Posters getting confused.
2. Mailman getting confused and continuing the existing thread of discussion off the original thread -- which is harder to navigate in the archives.

As for remote access tools, look into nomachinex, X11 forwarding and VNC. There's a variety of discussion in the archives (last discussion on this topic was back in either April or May I think..).

   Cheers and best of luck,

-Garrett