At 03:31 AM 7/19/2007, John Clement wrote:
I'm installing 6.1 on an HP Vectra VL420, I've been in the BIOS to set the
C/H/S as per what the install reports (I've tried an 80GB Seagate and a
250GB WD), the install all seems to go fine.  I've tried the FreeBSD boot
manager, a standard MBR and even setting the disk as dedicated, but
regardless I end up with the same 'no /boot/loader' when it reboots.

I suspect (and hope) I'm making a simple mistake, I just haven't seen this
happen before.

Thanks in advance!!

First you should try 6.2 which is the latest release.

Check your BIOS that you are allowing to write to the boot area. Many BIOS have a setting to not allow this to prevent a virus writing to the boot area.

        -Derek

believed to be clean.