On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 04:54:36 +0200
"Antonio √Čvora" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Basically it seems that it cant found /usr/local/bin/X because in fact
> it doesnt exist. I would like to know which port/s do I have to
> install for avoiding the meta port of xorg 7.2 which would install a
> lot of things that I really dont need...

I suggest you install the metaport (from packages , much faster : portinstall
-pP xorg ) and then delete what you dont need.

> But I also ask you... when I
> installed XFCE and GDM, Shouldnt have their dependencies already
> installed the basics of xorg so I could run the X?

if you check xfce + gdm dependencies you'll see they depend on xorg-libraries,
not xorg, which makes sense - you may want to run your display on a remote
machine - u need xfce + the libraries locally, and xorg in the box with the
video card and monitor.

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to
reform."
   Mark Twain

Warned.