At 02:06 PM 7/23/2007, John Clement wrote:
So I got a copy of boot-only 6.2 onto cd and went back into the bios and
changed a few options:

LBA mode: off
Multi-sector transfers: auto
Fast PIO: auto
32 bit transfer mode: on
Ultra DMA: auto

then ran the 6.2 install using dangerously dedicated which went fine and
then on reboot now it comes up with

Not ufs
no /boot/loader

so a slightly different message now, but still no go....

anyone? - jc

I've never used the boot-only version. So let me ask if you saw any issues with sysinstall? Did you partition the disk and did newfs run without error?

Before you exit sysinstall you can check and see what is on the disks from the emergency shell on vtty4. You can do a mount command and see what and where things are mounted and do an ls on those filesystems.

        -Derek

believed to be clean.