At 11:57 AM 7/24/2007, Gabor Kovesdan wrote:
Hi,

it's a bit off here, but I'm sure you can tell me some tips, what brand of TFT monitor to buy? Finally I decided to change this old enormous CRT. Or if you tell which brands to avoid, that's fine fo rme, too. I'm thinking of a 17" or 19" size, or maybe 21".

TIA,

--
Gabor Kovesdan
FreeBSD Volunteer

Have some idea whether you want analog, dvi or one that does both. I'd look at larger sizes as you will likely have it a while. Look where the prices jump significantly, usually at over the 19", 20" or 21" size. If you can, look at them before you buy for the image quality and viewing angle.

Compare warranties too, but ultimately look at the prices. I prefer samsung as they make all their own components, other makers put together units using other manufacturer's components and quality can vary.

        -Derek

believed to be clean.