On Tuesday 24 July 2007 15:59:22 Terry Todd wrote:
> I have installed Xming successfully on a Windows XP system.
> It works OK to a FC6 system and an older UNIXware system.
>
> However when trying to connect to a FreeBSD 6.2 system with PuTTY
> ssh it doesn't work.  PuTTY has Enable X11 forwarding checked.

When I saw this post, I thought it was mine, because I am having the same
problem, but only in FreeBSD and not Linux and my configurations on both are
very much the same (for sshd).

I am also unable to use port forwarding in vnc (fbsd 6.2) but I am not certain
whether this is related to the X11 Forwarding issue or if it is something
unrelated.  SSH complains that it cannot use the designated port (I have
tried different ports.

BTW I can do SSH port forwarding from my fbsd computer (client) to Linux
(server) but cannot do this from Linux to fbsd.

I changed
X11DisplayOffset 10
X11DisplayOffset 1

as mentioned in another post in this thread but that did not help.