On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 09:06:33PM -0600, Mike Dean wrote:
> I would like to know if there is a way to have portupgrade update all
> ports, except a select few that I want to remain "frozen"
> (OpenOffice.org, simply because I no longer have the free space to
> rebuild it).  It looks like I may be able to do something with the -B
> switch, but the documentation seems to be a bit lacking as to exactly
> how to use this switch.  Does anyone have any examples of how to
> accomplish what I want?

If this is to be a "permanent" freeze, you could put it in to the
/usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf.  Look for "HOLD_PKGS".  It defines an
array of name globs that expand to the name of the held ports.  For
example, I use Exim 3 and don't want to have it upgraded to 4, so my
HOLD_PKGS looks like this:

 HOLD_PKGS = [
    'bsdpan-*',
    'exim*',
  ]

The bsdpan one seems to be there by default.

Dan

> Thanks,
> Mike

Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3D73 AF47 D448 C5CA 88B4 0DCF 849C 1C33 3C48 2CDC
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \