Adam J Richardson escribió:
Miguel wrote:
Hi, i used to use portupgrade as using this instructions http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2001/11/29/Big_Scary_Daemons.html for doing all the port managing, what about porteasy, it is as good as portupgrade?
i think porteasy is not as popular as portupgrade.
thanks

Hi Miguel,

I use portupgrade and portsnap, a combination which seems to work fine. The only thing that annoys me about portupgrade is that it's written in Ruby, and when it's time for an upgrade I always have to upgrade the Ruby compiler as well. Upgrading Ruby just takes forever on these old battered beige boxes.

you are absolutly right, portsnap + portupgrade,
thakns