At 05:01 AM 7/26/2007, Christopher Key wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to establish whether I can expect the Adaptec AAR-1220SA or AAR-1430SA SATA cards to work with 6.2. They're not on the list of supported hardware, which does include a lot of the other Adaptec cards. However, the Adaptec cards that are listed all seem to be hardware RAID cards, whereas the 1220SA and 1430SA use something called 'HostRAID', which I think just means software raid. Does this just mean that I'll be unable to use the RAID functionality on the cards, not really a concern, or are they unlikely to work at all?

Many thanks,

Chris Key

I have tried the 1200 series and they simply don't work for RAID or non-RAID use. They have Sil chips which cause intermittent problems. These problems are also present in other adapters that use some of the Sil chips. Unfortunately the Sil chips are "hit and miss" as they have different versions (masks) of the same chips and some will work while most do not.

        -Derek

believed to be clean.