Adam J Richardson wrote:
<snip>

try portmaster as a replacement to portupgrade. No dependencies and it works great.

Hi Eric,

I tried portmaster one time when I got mad with portupgrade. It's great that it has no dependencies, but I didn't like it at all. Can't remember why - it just didn't work for me. I think portupgrade probably ruined me with things like portversion and pkg_deinstall. I'm too lazy for portmaster.

Adam J Richardson

When did you try it last? There have been lots of improvements and you can set certain flags up to always be in effect if you need to.

portmaster -L | grep version

tells me everything that needs to be updated and the -e switch removes ports i no longer want around, but then again, so does make deinstall clean. What does portversion do thats so special? same with pkg_deinstall