Pat

I'd start by looking at tuning Postgresql....look at the queries that are
taking the longest and optimise those.

there's stuff alover the web about tuning PGsql

On 7/25/07, Pat Maddox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm having some bad perf issues on a 6.2 server running PostgreSQL
8.2.4. I really don't know too much about this stuff...but it doesn't
seem to be related to memory or CPU as they're barely being touched.
Which leaves IO. Here's some vmstat output. My only guess is that the
numbers under the faults section are pretty high. But I don't really
know what that means. I'd appreciate any help.

Here's the formatted vmstat output:  http://pastie.caboo.se/82165

Pat