Good day all you smart ppl

I seem to have an unsolvable (unsovable only in my small world) problem.

i have posted this problem to you guys before but no one was able to help
me with it :(

i have two network cards in my box (freebsd 4.7), both are accton 1207f
(dc type) running at 100baseTX full-duplex. as soon as i send high volumes
of data through dc0 to another box on the lan, like for instance over an
ftp connection, dc0 looses its connectivity

by doing an ifconfig dc0 down, and then up again, it brings the connection
back up only to see it fail after a minute or so.

if i remove dc1 completely from the box it works fine
could this be because of irq conflicts even though dc0 and dc1 are not
using the same irq's?

please help me

kind regards
wayne