On Sun, 29 Jul 2007, Terrence Wilson wrote:

I'm trying to install FreeBSD as part of a dual boot config on a hard
disk which already contains Windows XP. I have created a partition for
FreeBSD. My problem comes once I "commit" to the installation of
FreeBSD. I get the following message, after which installation aborts:
"Unable to find device node for /dev/ad4s2b in /dev! The creation of
filesystems will be aborted." What am I doing wrong?

Are you trying to install FreeBSD in an extended partition? The /dev/ad*4*s2b makes me think so ...

If yes, that won't work. You have to install FreeBSD in a primary partition.

Regards,
Rakhesh