Hi,

On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 19:03, Phillip Smith wrote:
> Quick question...
>
> What's the best way to start portsentry on reboot?
>
> Many thanks,

You can write a simple start-up script that does that for you. Here's
what I have in /usr/local/etc/rc.d:

#!/bin/sh

PORTSENTRY="/usr/local/bin/portsentry"

case "$1" in
        start)
                ${PORTSENTRY} -tcp && echo " PortSentry starting in TCP
mode..."
                ${PORTSENTRY} -udp && echo " PortSentry starting in UDP
mode..."
                ;;

        stop)
                killall `basename ${PORTSENTRY}`
                ;;
        *)
                echo ""
                echo "Usage: `basename $0` { start | stop }"
                echo ""
                ;;
esac

As far as I know, portsentry doesn't come with one, so you can just
write a nice short script like the one above, if you like. Make sure
though, to make it executable before rebooting.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Stacey

> phillip.