On Jul 31, 2007, at 10:05 PM, A.G. Russell IV wrote:

On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 10:48:10AM +0200, Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:
On 7/25/07, Doug Barton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

RELENG_6 was updated shortly after the release of 9.3.4. I'll be
updating RELENG_[56] with the new 9.3.4-P1 version after I'm done
regression testing it, which should be some time tonight. Same for
updating HEAD with 9.4.1-P1.

I am running FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p6 and BIND 9.3.3 (not from ports but
installed with the system. At least when I do pgk_info -Ix bind I am told there is no such package installed). Where can I find information on BIND upgrade? I tried freebsd-update but it did not think I needed any updates
:)

 mine, which was updated a few minutes ago, is still at bind 9.3.3

It appears that BIND has only been fixed in -STABLE and -CURRENT, but not in -RELEASE. Does anyone know if there are plans to get this patched in 6.2?

For me it makes little difference since I am not (yet) running named in a publicly accessible way. But my medium term plans for my DNS do involve me running a public nameserver on the latest RELEASE with all patches.

It does worry me if this kind of thing doesn't get patched in the latest RELEASE.

-j