On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 11:55 +0100, Adam J Richardson wrote:
> Roger Olofsson wrote:
> > Dear Mailing List,
> >
> > Is there something similar to cleartype for FreeBSD?
> >
> > Grateful for any replies!
> >
> > Greetings
> >
> > /Roger
>
> Hi Roger,
>
> I believe you are after FreeType. Should be in the ports tree.
>
> Adam J Richardson

Cleartype is a Windows 2000 feature that enables sub-pixel anti-aliasing
on fonts displayed on a LCD panel. FreeType assists in that; this page
gives full details[1]. It is a bit dated, and seems to suggest that it
should work straight off the bat in recent KDE/Gnome versions.

Certainly seems like it does anyways. Never been bothered enough to
check!

[1] http://jmason.org/howto/subpixel.html