no, I didn't cvsup the sources because in all the 4.x versions the sources already came with it

Dave

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

This may be a dumb question, but did you cvsup the sources for 5.0? If you
did, what does your Makefile look like?

David Loszewski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent by: cc: owner-freebsd-questions@F Subject: problem compiling kernel on FreeBSD 5.0 reeBSD.ORG 01/29/03 03:10 PM

I'm trying to compile my kernel on my newly installed FreeBSD 5.0 I do
the following: '% cd /usr/src' then I do '%make buildkernel
KERNCONF=ZEUS' and it comes back saying 'make: don't know how to make
buildkernel. Stop'. Ideas on what to do with this?? I looked through
the release notes and didn't see anything about a new way of building
the kernel in the kernel changes section, but maybe I missed something.

Any help would be appreciated,
Dave Loszewski