Hi,

I have recently been having trouble with running portsdb after cvsup. I am running 6.2-RELEASE-p7.

The approach that I had been using was:

/usr/local/bin/cvsup  -L 0 /usr/sup/supfile
/usr/local/sbin/portsdb -Uu

This had worked great until the emacs22 update. Now portsdb crashes due to the emacs entry in /etc/make.conf. However, I see very little chatter on the lists about this. I have started to wonder if the bulk of the community may be updating their ports differently. Upon some limited research I found that I could use:

/usr/local/bin/cvsup  -L 0 /usr/sup/supfile
/usr/local/sbin/portsdb -Fu

This work fine for me. I can then use tools such as pkg_version, pkg_delete, portinstall and portupgrade without any problems.

My open ended question is what does the rest of the community do to update their ports collection?

Thanks,
Arend