What I have is this, a list of users and I want the user www to be a member of all their groups.. I have this in /etc/groups

d50:*:1026:www
d49:*:1027:www
d51:*:1028:www

(etc etc etc - there are about 80 users like this currently.)

If I do 'id www' it only shows www in the first 15 groups listed in /etc/groups - this is really the case too because if I su to www and try to access one of the files (that are perm 770) - I get permission denied. So it's not just a screw up with 'id' - it appears that www really isn't in any of those other groups!

I'm adding groups and group member via 'pw' so I'm pretty sure the syntax is right.. Is there some kind of limit that would prevent my www user from being in more than 15 groups?

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

-Mitch