At 2:55 AM -0400 8/6/07, Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET wrote:

        Ok. But I part of my question to people , and reason for
posting it here, is the old "Is anyone else seeing this". When/if
you use portupgrade, does it do the same for you? Or is it just
something that I happened some how to inherit on at least 2 of
my machines?

I've noticed it, but I've also noticed that it does not happen
every time.  I had one case were I did a portupgrade of a specific
set of components, and later I noticed that all the directories
under /var/db/pkg had been modified.  I did a 'portupgrade -f' of
the exact same components, and this time the only directories
which changed were the ones which were upgraded.

While the behavior seems odd, it has not caused any problems for me,
so I haven't done much investigation of it.  (the above paragraph
describes almost all of the investigation that I have done...)

Warner Losh also stumbled into this, in a recent case where he
ended up losing all subdirectories of /var/db/pkg due to a system
crash during a portupgrade.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn     =               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer               or   [EMAIL PROTECTED]