Brian Astill wrote:
On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 10:02:55 pm Bob Middaugh wrote:
I'm interested in changing over to FreeBSD from Windows, but
I'll have to say, you guys don't really present a forceful
argument to Windows users of how easy the switch may be.

The switch will not be particularly easy. You will have to learn UNIX.

I started running Linux back in Spring, 2000, while I continued running Windows.

In about 2003 I started learning FreeBSD because my web host was using that OS.

Now, I am hosting my own web/mail server with OpenBSD, and have FreeBSD on a Desktop machine.

I still do maintain a Windows 2000 machine for my graphics workstation, and to run my vintage DOS apps.

Over the past seven years, I have become considerably less ignorant about computer, operating systems, networks, etc.

This is, in my opinion, a very, very, very good thing... but easy???

Nope.

--
-wittig http://www.robertwittig.com/
        http://robertwittig.net/