On 8/9/07, Gary Kline <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>        Guys,

<snip>
>        close.  Has anybody on this list used the PC version of BSD?
>        What about a "desktop-BSD"??
>
>        suggestion? advice?

I've used PC-BSD, and agree with Jonathan - it's package management
system is a bit funky. It's real FreeBSD, but...

I've also used Freesbie, which is a live CD with (last I looked) an
XFCE4 desktop, and I liked it. In particular, I liked that it would
install itself to your machine if you told it to do so, and then it
became just a standard FreeBSD install. That was about a year ago,
though, so I expect it's even better now.

Kurt