On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 17:08:27 -0400
"Hakan K" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 8/9/07, Damian Vicino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > I am getting CDR files form another department (and they dont know
> > how or dont want to export as .ps).
> > I just need to open them to show my boss and give oks about the work
> > they doing.
> > Do you know any software in the port collection or somewhere else
> > that can open these files or at least export to another vectorial
> > format that can be open in some kde application or shell?
> > Thanks for any info.
> > Sdäv
>
>  *XnView* <http://perso.orange.fr/pierre.g/xnview/enxnview.html>
>
> http://perso.orange.fr/pierre.g/xnview/enhome.html

(xnview is available through graphics/xnview port.)

Yes, it's impossible to directly open and view a CDR file, you have to
convert it to something else first (preferably to SVG).

I've recently used UniConvertor
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/uniconvertor/) to convert several CDR
files to SVG. It supports the newest CDR versions. However, it isn't
ported, you have to compile it yourself.

  % ./uniconv
  [...]
  Converts one vector graphics format to another using sK1 engine.
  Allowed input formats:
     AI  - Adobe Illustrator files (postscript based)
     CDR - CorelDRAW Graphics files (7-X3 versions)
     CMX - Corel Presentation Exchange files (CMX1 format)
     [...]

It's also recommended in Inkscape's (graphics/inkscape) FAQ:

http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ#What_can_I_do_with_.2A.cdr_.28Corel_Draw_Vector_drawing_file.29_files_in_Inkscape.3F_I_have_got_my_images_in_.2A.cdr_files_and_I_would_like_to_continue_in_.2A.SVG.

Damian, if you want to try UniConvert and have troubles compiling it
(as usual, a couple of changes in installation scripts and Makefiles
is necessary) -- just post here again.

Nikola Lečić