Per instructions from the moderator below i'm making this post to the free-bsd questions mailing list.

I'm building a samba server. I have an XP laptop using putty via ssh to remotley administer. I cannot use putty to logon as root directly. If I logon as my regular user I cannot su/sudo in as root. I tried modifying the sshd_config file with AllowUsers [EMAIL PROTECTED] This didn't work. Any suggestions? Im somewhat new to UNIX and nery new to FreeBSD, so my indepth knowledge is not the best.

James

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 17:45:33 +0000

Your request to the freebsd-hackers mailing list

    Posting of your message titled "ssh logon issue"

has been rejected by the list moderator.  The moderator gave the
following reason for rejecting your request:

"Best suggestion is to redirect your question to the freebsd-questions
mailing list if you don'tsee how to address your issue by editing
/etc/ssh/sshd_config.

 -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]"

Any questions or comments should be directed to the list administrator
at:

    [EMAIL PROTECTED]