On Sat, 11 Aug 2007, Tim Daneliuk wrote:

'Anyone know how to disable the shutdown option when xfce4 exits? The user in question needs sudo access to the system, but I don't want this user to be able to turn off a server when they exit the xfce4 session.

I have a couple of methods that don't directly address the question:

1) Don't allow the user to execute /sbin/shutdown - can be done via sudo configuration (I think), or via group memebership for that user (I know). The shutdown item will still be there, but will fail if he clicks it.

2) Don't run X on a server

HTH.

--
Chris Hill               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
**                     [ Busy Expunging <|> ]