Predrag Punosevac wrote:
Caio Figueiredo Abecia wrote:
I'm looking for a new pc.
I had a problem installing BSD (Free/Open/Net!) with the Dell Dimension C521n. (Free/Open BSD website tells me that it support the E521 that have the same configuration) It don't recognize my dell usb keyboard and my SATA DVD Rom drive was not detected at all.

I call Dell support and I was complaining that when I saw that model on their website and I called to the vendors they said that this model would come without SO (Windows). That I'll be free to make my own choice on using any *unix SO.

Well.. now Dell will get my machine back and pay me back the amount that I payed.

Now I want to buy a powerful machine to run Development things such Java or Ruby on Rails on JBoss, running in some good db like Postgresql or MySql.
I don't want to get a new surprise to run only Windows on my machine!
(I already have 2gb ddr2 ram, I want a powerful modern pc to run Free or Open as my Desktop System)

Could you guys please help me ?

Thanks a lot all help is greatly appreciated _______________________________________________
Why not built one from the parts. That way you would save bundle of money and have the computer which will run FreeBSD without a hitch. That is what I did.

Not everyone has this option, or the expertise. And some people like the warranty that comes from buying Dell products.
-Garrett