On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 06:55:50AM -0800, steve heistand wrote:
> (I first sent this to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> which isnt what I wanted. I think. sorry if there is
> 2)

No, you were right first time.  [EMAIL PROTECTED] and
[EMAIL PROTECTED] are two names for the same list

> I have a machine running 4.7-release (possibly and old
> build) with 4 disks I am using vinum to make a raid5
> volume out of.  When I write large amounts of data
> to it the machine crashes.
> I can dd one big file and it crashes at 154M,
> if I copy in smaller files it dies around 100M
> (varies)

Have you looked at the http://www.vinumvm.org/vinum/how-to-debug.html
page?  It's going to be practically impossible to help you unless you
can supply a whole lot more detailed information about what's gone
wrong.  You'll probably find these articles helpful too:

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2002/03/21/Big_Scary_Daemons.html
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2002/04/04/Big_Scary_Daemons.html

        Cheers,

        Matthew