I have heard that the new gcc compilers have the ability to compile java
source code into a binary.

I was told all I need to do is add the flag -x java and it will work.

For example: gcc -x java HelloWorld.java

when i tried this i get the following error:

gcc: Warning: `-x java' after last input file has no effect

Where could i find some docs to get this to work?

Thanks,

Brian

PS. i have also heard that there is a compiler gjc that can do the same
thing

is that a better way to solve my problem?